[FWDLK] beach boys favorite song contains- Vibrations....

[FWDLK] beach boys favorite song contains- Vibrations....

Sorry couldnt resist
Factual info on vibrations.
YES YES YES
I drive a tin can
Its a almost fully resored 56  wagon.
Vibrations.
I blame it mostly on t he radials
I have posted another post tho its mostly for 45 mph and below
YOUR SUSPENSION IS NOT TUNED FOR RADIALS
nor is mine with NORS wagon front springs and rebuilt rear ones
AND 90's technology gas filled shox.
result
VIBRATIONS
Everytthing is amplified and fed INTO THE CAR.
harsher ride if your butt is not dead from sittin in school or whatever
(Lotta folks have dead butts, cant TELL if their car rides better or worse
after making changes....)
SO
Dont pull the rear end and try to check gear backlash and settings
Only eyeball or do a cursury check of wheel bearings
WHY
These ()@#*$()@#$*)(   cars are damn near bulletproof, they are built like
tanks literally,
I have FIrestone 480's on my car, I blame them.  My gut tells me if I put
michelins on any vibration would disappear but low speed ride would still be
relatively harsh.
NOW
if U wanna check that back axle, time to take it to a GOOD local TRUCK shop,
that works on big rigs, 3/4 and 1 ton pickups, makesdriveshafts, etc etc.
Not a mickey mouse shop but a REAL shop.
ANYHOO,
If U really wanna have some low cost fun, strip the car of all the rear seat
uph and carpet, and any barrier to the trunk.  Get a buddy that is fairly
intelligent and take a drive.  He has to have pencil and paper to document
what he hears on what side.
Now U drive and he plays like a mouse and has ear to floor and lissens.
SO
Why do I say this?  I've pi_ _ _ _ d around for 7 years with a similar quest.
Bottom line, drive it and enjoy it?  I have done that in spite of any (tire)
noise.
Uh Oh  I Forgot!
When I first got the car it had old bias belteds on it, rock hard, 20 yrs
old.  old shox too.  Still drove out decent up to 65.  Did the rebuild thing
and in the process discovered that there were NO bolts in the rear motor
mounts ( read at tranny). This allowed the entire tranny and engine to shift
some so the axis of the engine/tranny were NOT in line with the drive shaft,
the Front U jt was ALWAYS running cattywampus.  Not good.  Just this
discovery/replacement helped minimize vibrations....

Aint all this FUN?   :o/>

Rotsa RUck-
L.

Lars