Re: [FWDLK] U joint kits etc

In a message dated 00/06/27 9:14:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Date:    Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:23:27 -0500
>  From:    SKILES_MICHAEL_J@xxxxxxxxx
>  Subject: U-Joints
>
>  All,
>
>  Can anyone on the list suggest a place to get u-joints? I need a set for my
>  55 Savoy. Kanter wants $225.00 and Napa has no listing.

Guess U mean the kits.  Kanter has not been too good with quality and
reliability, a number of posts on this group have said so.Mitchell and
Roberts are possible, tho Mitchell too has been badmouthed.
I suggest Hemmings, Plymouth Club bulletin, etc, and doing a major search
then write and/or call suppliers.  lets see, there was a guy in detroit area
that for long time had parts, will try to remember his name, when I do will e
mail it.

NOTE-  I had a COMPLETE driveshaft with modern sealed roller bearings using
light truck u joints each end made at local truck repair shop 8 yrs ago for
my 56 P29 wagon. Cost was about $230. U give em the old driveshaft and joints
and the measurement from back of tranny to face of rear axle flange where the
driveshaft will bolt to.  They match it all up.   At that rate you will come
out cheaper!!!!!!!!!!  Gotta find who does dumps, big rigs, etc and they will
have a shop area that does that.  No mickey mouse places, gotta be a REAL
truck shop.
Another shop cost a buddy  250 at that time.

Lars