Re: [FWDLK] 1957 desoto how much is it worth?????

Re: [FWDLK] 1957 desoto how much is it worth?????

Jared,

If it's a Roadmaster it is not worth much - the Roadmaster was a Buick.
The 1957 DeSoto came in Firesweep, Firedome, Fireflite and Adventurer.

The Firesweep mated the DeSoto/Chrysler body with Dodge front end
sheet metal, the DeSoto grille and bumper, and put it all on the 122"
wheelbase Custom Royal chassis.  It used a poly-head 325-cid engine -
the same used in the Dodge Royal & Custom Royal.

The regular sized DeSoto series, on a 126" wheelbase, used the 341-cid
hemi V-8.   The front end sheet metal was shared with the Chrysler.

I'm not sure what they are worth, but they are the most desirable of
the late 1950's DeSotos, mainly due to 1957 being the last year for
the DeSoto hemi.  And also the last year DeSoto had a good year.
After 1957 it was all downhill.

But first I would find out what is really is.  If it's a Roadmaster, it's
not
a DeSoto.

Bill W