[FWDLK] Gary Goers and where he has been

[FWDLK] Gary Goers and where he has been

Saw this on the MML about Gary Goers, and since he is a big part of our group, figured it would be good to pass along this bit of info.

Clay

-----------------------------------

Hi everyone,
It is with deep regret that I make the following announcement:  Things have
not been going according to plan for the last year or so.  I have had a
helper for many years who left leaving me way behind and have not been able
to replace her. Her organizing the orders and trimming and filling the small
rubber parts segment of the orders enabled be to usually keep somewhat even
with things.  This arrangement was never really cost effective, but she knew
the numbers and the parts and that is what it took to get the job done.
Finding a replacement for her years of learning is impossible.  I was behind
by the time she left because she was no longer dependable for the previous
several months (take this into consideration when you vote to allow gambling
in your town).  I thought I could catch up and organize since I still had my
friend Conrad doing the mail, FAXes, email, phone etc. in the morning.
Didn't happen and in the last few months he has had to leave for a total of
six weeks with family problems.  And the orders keep piling up. Moreover,
suddenly the orders for trunk panels, firewall pads and other labor
intensive items grew to the overshelming stage.  Just getting them packed
for shipping became a full time job at times. Answering communications of
all types grew to the point that often it was one in the afternoon before I
was able to begin to get any work done.  There are many customers whose
orders are way overdue and I certainly don't blame them for asking about
them.  I've been trying to catch up and still handle current orders.  It's
just not working. I used to be able to work 16-18 hour days and often stay
up all night to get the work done.  I'm not so young anymore and just can't
do it.  My  health is failing and I have to do something fast. I am totally
overwhelmed and the only way To catch up and organize is to basically shut
down.  I simply have to catch up and have some time off.  So here's the
bottom line:  Effective July 7th I will accept orders for weatherstrips,
decals, clips, chrome parts, and other normal shelf items. I will also try
to fill obvious "must have" items for the restorer to continue some work on
the project.  I will fill as much as possible within time limits and send a
refund for the unfilled part of thr order.  I expect three months should be
enough time to complete the backlog of orders and organize. So the tentative
date for normal operation (better than normal lately) will be October 1st.
To those of you with existing orders and old unfilled orders, I apologize
deeply and assure you that they will be filled as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your support and understanding.