[FWDLK] TorqueFlite question...

I just purchased a '61 Fury 4dr hardtop.  The car is really solid and is
equipped with a great running 318-4bbl.  The transmission is shot, however.
This car was driven almost daily for the past two years until the
transmission completely conked out.  Here's my question:  I have an
excellent TorqueFlite out of a '65 Coronet (wide block 318).  Would I
experience any "mis-match" problems if I swap this tranny into the Fury?
The '65 is (of course) not push button equipped.  Did the '56-'64 automatics
have something that the later trannys did not that allowed for the push
button linkage?  I realize that sometime around '65 the tailshafts changed
on Mopar transmissions to the "sliding yoke" set-up, and if I use a later
transmission I will have to change driveshafts.  I really cannot afford a
full transmission rebuild at this time and am looking for a way to cut
costs.  Any help is appreciated....

Jim Pennington
pennington@xxxxxxxx