[FWDLK] 1950 DeSoto Timing Chain Access

Hello,

Thank you to the many people who helped with our DeSoto audio diagnosis.
Among the suggestions was a slipped timing chain and worn gear.

Today, Dad and I are attempting to access the '50's timing chain and gear,
but see that the front engine mount is blocking access. This makes us
wonder if the engine must be out of the car to perform this check. Do you
know?

I suspect we should remove the engine anyway, and am wondering what is
involved in the process. I've never removed an engine before.

Dave Duricy
desoto@xxxxxxx