[FWDLK] (Another) TorqueFlite Question...

[FWDLK] (Another) TorqueFlite Question...

Hello,

First off, thanks to all who replied to my first "TorqueFlite" call for
help.  Your input was really helpful.  Here's another question I hope you
can help me with:   Can a TorqueFlite from a big block ('59 361) mate to a
'61 small block (318).  I realize the bellhousings/bolt patterns are
different.  Can I use the bellhousing from the '61 318 with the '59 big
block tranny?  I've done dozens of tranny swaps on '67-up Mopars, but these
transmissions had the non-removeable bellhousings and were not
interchangeable from small-block to big-block.  Am I correct that the cast
iron TorqueFlites were equipped with removeable bellhousings?  Or am I going
to have to use a small-block TorqueFlite?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Pennington
pennington@xxxxxxxx