Re: [FWDLK] Road tests for the 1959 Dodge. Suggestions Wanted

--- James Zurek <sartana@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I will be going to the Pomona Auto Swap this weekend
> out here in California and wanted to pick up some
> road tests for the 59 Dodge. Do any of you know
> which issues of Motor Trend, etc., did a road test
> for this car? Thanks for any help.

I don't know specifics, and you might not be
interested in this, but there is a MT article from '58
or '59 covering the California Highway Patrol
endurance tests for '59 model year pursuit vehicles...
...test vehicles included Pontiac, Mercury, Dodge, I
believe Oldsmobile, and possibly Buick, and the Dodge
left the others gasping for air...

(DeSoto and Chrysler did not offer official pursuit
packages then, and CHP used medium-priced cars with as
close to a 122" wheelbase as possible, which
eliminated Plymouth on two separate counts.)

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
(coming soon!)