Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Business coupe

Jan,

Yes, the business coupe had no back seat.  Instead, it had a platform,
I believe, to cover over the tunnel and produce a level area.  The idea
behind it was to permit easy loading/access for people who carried
around boxes, samples, and the like.  Basically, it was set up for
salesmen who had to carry around items to show/sell to clients.
Station wagons and compact vans eliminated the market for the
business sedan.

As to taillights, those 1957 Plymouth taillights were used on :
Plymouth (U.S.) - 662,829; Plymouth (Canada) - 34,672 and Dodge
(Canada) - 40,402; for a total of 737,903 vehicles.   (These figures
include export models Dodge Kingsway and DeSoto Diplomat.)

In comparison, only 26,081 1960 DeSotos and 44,636 1960 Dodge
Matador/Polaras were built.   Replacement lenses would have
been manufactured on a comparative level.   The production of so
many lenses was not an error, just that so many more 1957 Plymouths,
etc. were built compared to 1960 Dodges and DeSotos.

Bill W
Vancouver, BC