[FWDLK] Oil Filter Conversion

Yesterday at a car show here in Central Wis had the luck and privilege to park my 59 Plymouth Sport Fury next to a 57 Chrysler 300.  I say luck because we just happened to arrive at the show at the same time as the cars were not grouped by models.  We were the only fin cars there in a group of about 200 cars.  The Chrysler had a remote spin-on oil filter mounted on the right side just above the inner fender liner.  The question is - did the Chryslers come from the factory with that filter or was it added somewhere along the way.  I didn't think spin-ons came out that early but then again I never gave it much thought except when I'm changing the cannister type %$#@*& that I have on the Plymouth.  The owner didn't know - he said the car is the same as when his dad bought it 20 years ago.  A few spectators thought it was original.  --------- Has anyone out there in Finland converted from the cannister to the spin on and is there a "bolt-on type" conversion available for the 318?   Come to think of it - didn't the 361 have a spin on in 59?     John Z in WI