[FWDLK] Wreck

Hi Everyone,

   The other day one of my worst nightmares came true. I was sitting in
a traffic jam completely stopped in my 58 Coronet Convertible (It is the
February car in this years Forwardlook Calendar) when a 19 year old girl
rear ended me at about 10 miles per hour. She was not paying attention,
and was cited for "Inattentive driving."
    Well anyway, the rear-end of my car is not in good shape. The bumper
is sprung badly, the metal below the trunk lid is pushed in, the trunk
lid is sprung, the mounts for the bumper are all severely bent and the
trunk lid will not function and a large portion of the original white
paint is flaking off where the metal is bent sharply.
   What's amazing to me is the fact that except for a dime size chip of
paint missing from her front bumper there is NO damage to her car, a
1999 Ch__y Cavalier. I never realized how unsafe and vulnerable our old
cars are when compared to modern cars.
  Anyway, the insurance company wants to send the bumper away to get it
fixed. They estimate about 15 weeks to get the bumper back. I was hoping
someone on the list might know of one in very good condition that could
be purchased. I don't care to wait that long to have the car fixed. It
might not be the safest thing on the road but it still is one of the
coolest rides around, and more importantly it's part of the family. Any
leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dan and Charlotte