Re: [FWDLK] curiosity

Nick,
I'm not REAL sure but think it was possibly because taxicabs at that time had
EXTREMELY restricted carburetors.  They possibly had different heat risers,
or something.

Some of them had regular governors that gave you full power until you reached
a certain speed, then cut you off at the knees.  Others had what was referred
to as a "ball throttle".  This was literally a ball, of smaller diameter than
the throttle plates, that was split in half and bolted on over the throttle
plates.  This gave driveability comparable to a standard engine as long as
you only asked for very gentle power.  If you asked for ANY performance,
FORGET IT!

I got to drive one only once, and that was once too many.

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, MI