[FWDLK] 59 Ply axle

Hi all,
    I finally got around to pulling the axle on my 59 Suburban today.
The one I bent the threaded end on, trying to get the drum off.  I took
it to a local machine shop, this guy is a wizard of machinery and metal
fabrication.  He said in the past he has ground the bent ends, built up
the shaft, turned them down to size, and rethreaded them.  He claims it
will work just fine.  Any thoughts?   I also ordered a new outside axle
bearing, as the old one fell apart upon removal.
    I had not gotten very far on the brake job until today.  I took the
drums in to be turned and removed all the brake lines.  I have a new set
of front shoes coming.  I was glad to find a set on Ebay...2 1/2" x 12"
for the wagon.  I finally got the shaft out of the old master cylinder
and installed in the new dual master cylinder.  It is very hard to
imagine that a little rubber band can hold the shaft in the plunger as
well as it does.  The fun starts tomorrow, as I will begin reinstalling
the brake lines, proportioning valve, tee and master cylinder.
    I periodically run the engine, 318 2 bbl., at an idle until good and
warm, hoping the Marvel Mystery oil does it's thing, and loosens up the
lifters and possibly sticky valves.   It seems to have helped.  I also
hope the smoke is from the mystery oil in the gas.
    That's all from Neillsville for now, have a fintastic day.
John in WI
ps:  How much work would be involved putting a 413 w/torqueflite from a
64 New Yorker in my 59 Belvedere coupe?