Re: [FWDLK] 57-58 trunk mats..rubber or mat??????

Re: [FWDLK] 57-58 trunk mats..rubber or mat??????

Mel,

I have some factory photos of the '57... and it does appear to be a black mat.  You might have any early "dress-up" item there, but I'm not sure. There's no Chrysler part number for a fabric mat.   Anyone else ever seen a fabric one?

-Dave

Mopar Mel wrote:

Heres something that Ill bet not too many of you boys knew, anyway out of 215 57 and 58 plymouths, I havent seen it.  It looks like in early 57, Plymouth did not use the black rubber mat all the time.  I have just purchased a 2dr ht that has a grey patterned mat in the trunk, CUT and SEWN.  Can believe it. finially a new mat that can be reproduced for the trunks of these babies that can look nice other than the black one which is all hard,cracked and torn.  Im searching now for a fabric that has close to the same pattern at this authentic one that Chrysler made.  They fit like a glove since they are cut and sewn.  Ive taken it to my ulpostry shop and they told me it would not be a problem to make them if we can come up with the fabric.Any one out there that has had the same delema as Ive had with this problem we now have a solution that is correct.  let me know if you need one. mel