[FWDLK] Grounds

I finally got my 56 plym to charge. It turned out to be a bad generator. I
needed to switch it for power steering and it turned out the power steering
one was bad also. It cost me $95 to have it rebuilt at a local shop. Now all
is well. I bought a new regualtor that I'll probably put in anyway and save
the old one for a spare.

Anyway, when my car is idling, the lights are dimmer than when at speed.
This isn't a new problem. I just thought to ask it now.
My guess is a bad ground.
correct me if I'm wrong, but I should have ground straps from the engine to
frame and body to frame ? body to engine ? Where the usual place to hook the
ground strap ? Bellhousing bolt ?

Thanks,
Nick