[FWDLK] grabbing brakes

 My 58 Plymouth Savoy has developed a new problem. When I step on the
brakes the fronts lock up. The shoes are new the drums look good and the
wheel cylinders look as though they've been rebuilt. I took them apart
and everything inside looked new (cup, spring and piston). I've bleed
and adjusted the brakes, still no different. I've never had brakes that
would stop too abruptly before, usually they they lose effectiveness
when they go bad. These feel as if someone stuck a big stick in the
front wheel of a bicycle while it was moving.
 Any advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.
 Thanks,
 Larry Gardinier