[FWDLK] Hidden / Secret Numbers

Some of the list members are asking me where to find the hidden
or secret numbers on their cars.  I do NOT know the vast
majority of them.  Some years have more than one location.  Some
hidden numbers require partial disassembly of the car like
bumper braces or firewall heater boxes.

I really only know for certain the locations for 1957 Chrysler
and DeSoto and 1960 Chrysler.  Any others I can only take
educated guesses about.

If there is anyone out there on the list who is in law
enforcement, particularly stolen vehicle investigations, they
will have a boo(s) giving ALL the locations.  All state motor
vehicle departments have the same materials.  These books are
usually proprietary to the department.

What we are trying to do here is put proper information in the
hands of honest club people.  Lets face it, the dishonest people
who might create a convertible or clone a rare model already
know where these hidden numbers are.  The best deterrent to such
crimes is knowledge in the hands of us car owners.

If Dave Stragand has the time, I really think a web page is the
answer.  If he would like someone to compile the info that we
have amongst us or can gather from some printed materials, I am
willing to be the pencil pusher - I would create a Lotus 123
spread sheet of the data.

Wayne