[FWDLK] Body Mounting Bushings

Title: Body Mounting Bushings

I am almost ready to reinstall the body on the frame.  In looking at the old rubber body mounting bushings, I found many where the rubber did not push through the hole in the frame correctly, or just wore off.  I was thinking of using Polyurethane bushings when re-mounting the body to the frame.  Here is a few questions:

1.  The polyurethane bushings are harder, less resilient, so does that infer that more noise will be coupled through them?

2.  Will the ride feel stiffer with polyurethane bushings?

3.  Anyone have good sources for bushings?

4.  Anyone think this is a good (or bad) idea?

5.  Do you use the same cone washers with polyurethane bushings?

Thanks for the advise.

Ken Rimington
1956 Dodge Custom Royal