[FWDLK] body mtg bushings

1.  The polyurethane bushings are harder, less resilient,
so does that infer that more noise will be coupled through them?

YOU BETCHA!

2.  Will the ride feel stiffer with polyurethane  bushings?

Ride wont feel stiffer but road shocks will transmit much more into the body,
giving
you more interior noise and bang bang from tar strips etc

3.  Anyone have good sources for bushings?

see later

4.  Anyone think this is a good (or bad) idea?

Bad

Now I had planned in my zeal to replace all 28 bushings in my 56 wagon since
it had sat in AZ sun for 35 years.  Note that bushings are avail from both
Metro Molded Parts (look in generic bushings) and the big buck (but high
quality) Steele outfit.   Now as I looked closely very closely at my
bushings, Uh Oh!
there is a steel bushing inside the hole. And the rubber has a rubber boss
that must fit in the body
hole to center it and avoid steel to steel sound and vibaration transmission.
AND looking very closely, uh oh, one cant get the bushings in/out UNLESS the
body is raised up from the frame enough to get it apart.
Meaning you have to disassemble some parts all around the car to do that
raising.
Bottom line, no new bushings for my wagon.
Check out my assumptions with your safety glasses on and a strong light!
Rotsa Ruck
Lars
Grand Rapids Michigan