[FWDLK] New Weapon of Choice

For those of you who are faced as I am with the daunting task of removing
undercoating I have come across a tool the seems to make rather quick work
of this ugly process. I ordered a "Air Needle Scaler" from Harbor Freight
Tools.  It is similar to an air chisel with about 15-20  1/8 steel needles
about 6" long that vibrate.  This thing literally knocks the dried
undercoating right off. I was able to remove the undercoating from the
bottom of the front valence (behind the bumper) in about 1/2 hour.  In less
than a minute I had all of the bolt under the fender heads cleaned off and
ready for the wrench.
It was slow on the stuff that was wet (from too liberal application of the
Aero kroil by me).  I tried it on the thick caked on gak on the chassis near
the suspension and it carved it right off down to the metal.  It may be too
rough for the backside of the fenders but i will give that a shot when they
are off of the car.

I paid $50 for it and feel that it will pay for itself before the end of the
week.

Scott