Re: [FWDLK] Dual Quads or Single 4bbl?

Karl,
I think you should consider a dualquad setup purely for dragracing if
performance is your main concern.

But...  :o)   I have however ran a Dualquad setup on the street after I had ran
with a  Single plane Torker on my 'offtopic' '67 Newport w/440.
The dual-intake was an early '60s lowrise 413 marine manifold.

I had 2 brand new Carter 625 carb's installed straight out of the box. I used a
direct linkage throttle mechanism.
Because today's Carters have a secondairy airvalve, it's very hard to 'over
cfm' the engine (without valve modifications of course).
I could stomp gas and of I went without hessitation.

I did change some more things (rear end gears) on my car besides the intake
swap, but most performance gains can be found at high rpm's because of the
increased cfm you have. (provided we are talking 413 engines or bigger here)

Why did Chrysler used a dualquad back then?
I don't know much of carb history, but maybe there were no big cfm carbs back
then..??
I mean almost every carmaker used multiple carbsetup's on performance cars back
then...

Just my opinion and thoughts....
Herman Meiners
The Netherlands