Re: [FWDLK] Dual Quads or Single 4bbl?

In 1957 the dual quad setup I had in my '57 Fury was awesome.  It was the
stock factory 318 FP31 V800 engine and carbs.  The carbs were WCFBs with
oversize jets.  That's the way it came from the factory as far as I know.  It
came stock with vacuum linkage.  Needless to say it was modified to
progressive linkage.  There wasn't a 4 bbl Plymouth that could come close to
the car.  In fact there weren't any PowerPak Ch*v**s that came close to it
either.  I can't figure out how a 4bbl could be faster than 2x4bbls 0-60,
unless the carbs aren't tuned correctly.  0-60 was how we raced in the 50's.
I didn't think people raced that anymore.  What does it do in the quarter?
If you find out the answer, let me know.