Re: [FWDLK] 300B finding !

Since I had so many different questions regarding the 300B I reported a week
or so ago, I went back to Eugene to check it out more closely so I could
accurately answer question.  Fortunately, this time it wasn't pouring rain
as I clawed through the blackberry vines.  UNfortunately, their is actually
very little there that is salvageable.  The drivetrain is completely gone,
every bit of glass is broken out, the rear bumper is gone (as well as the
entire front end), and someone even removed the VIN tag long ago.

What IS there is doors and rear 1/4s, with some bondo on the passenger side.
The electric seats are still in it, as well as the electric controller for
the seat.  It appears it was once fully electric on the inside, but all the
gizmos are gone now.

The deck lid is still loosely sitting in its place, and the gas tank is in
the trunk.  It actually looks usable, and the trunk floor surprisingly
doesn't look THAT bad, although the floors up front are shot.  The
brightwork around the passenger compartment is mostly still there, I'm sure
some 300B out there could use it.

Also the trim tag, on the firewall was there, and for those of you who can
decode these things, there were several inquiries into paint and trim, so if
someone can decode this and sent it to the list, I'm sure we'd all
appreciate it:

                        CHRYSLER          DIVISION
| MODEL |    PAINT    |    TRIM    |    SCHED    |    ITEM    |
        44            41                50              206             1903

        1       41   241

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|
                                                                   1 2 1 8

That's all it had on it.  My apologies to everyone for possibly getting them
all excited about the 300B finding when there is actually very little left
to the car.  But it was still cool to make the find. . .

On the plus side, there are 2 1960(?) Dodge Seneca 4 door cars available.
One has the inline six, and the other has no drivetrain.  The 300B was
sitting next to a '59 Dodge "El Coroneto" which someone apparently
customized long ago into a Ranchero/El Camino lookalike.  There's lots of
parts still laying around, but I'm told all of it's going to the crusher in
two weeks.  I've already got three truckfulls of parts, so I'm done, but if
ya got a free day and are within a day's drive, you may want to check it out
yourself.  Email me privately for directions if you'd like. . .

Mark   mjh
Sutherlin, OR
'57 Fury