Re: [FWDLK] INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING and finding parts

Re: [FWDLK] INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING and finding parts

FYI you can get most parts you need for 50s - 60s Chryslers from Andy
Bernbaum and Gary Goers, both with web sites.  You can also find specialty
"salvage yards" in Hemmings Motor News, which have most anything you need.
In some instances, you have to get a used part and have it rebuilt.  I
recently had heater core rebuilt, and am looking for a steering gear box to
have rebuilt.

I have also had good luck finding things at NAPA.  There is a list on the
Chryseler 300 web page of all NAPA parts for Chrysler 300s from about 1957
forward, and most of these parts also work on an Imperial.  If you have a
NAPA dealer in the UK, they have an illustrated buyer's guide and, if you
also have an old parts manual, you can pretty much match what you're looking
for.  I have had decent luck at Pep Boys with their so-called "universal
parts" which have worked:  alternator, light sockets, window washer pump
etc.

You have do most of your own research and, in some instances, be creative.
If the NAPA guy doesn't have the part for a '61 Imiperial, ask him to take a
look at what you've got.  In one instance, I found a voltage regulator that
way.  His in stock item was specified for a '68, but it "looked right," fit
(had the same plugs etc.) and worked.

Good luck,
Greg Buffalow
Mobile, Alabama