[FWDLK] 57 Belvedere:

Hello all.  I have come across a 57 Belvedere 4dr sedan (it looks like "Miss
November" in the 2000 calendar), except for the color - this one is "plum"
(for lack of a better word), with a creme-colored top.  It also has two
mirrors, some sort of "deluxe" trim above the drip rail, and bumper "wings".
303(?) engine & Powerflite.  She still belongs to the original owner, and
the odo shows 80-some thousand.  Last running 8 or 10 years ago.  It is
stored indoors, and it looks like it has been inside at least since it was
last driven.  The paint is original, and the only rust I could see was
starting above the headlights.  The car is located in Louisville, KY - and I
assume that the car has been here since new, or close to it - the owner has
lived in the same house (where the car is garaged) for 40 years.  No major
body damage, there is a small crease on the driver's side - near the rear of
the car though.  The trunk floor *appeared* to be OK, but could not get a
look under the car to see what the floorpans look like.  The car appears to
be complete, with the exception of one missing tailight - and I saw no wheel
covers.  The car will be brought to my shop one day next week, and I can get
a better look at it then.  It *is* for sale - owner(s) are moving, and no
place to "keep" it - besides, he is "getting on" - if you know what I mean.
The owner would like for me to get it running again, but I don't know if it
would be to his advantage to do so prior to selling it or not - considering
the possible expense involved with 8 or 10 year-old gas (or it's "remains")
in the tank, no brakes (likely), etc,etc,etc...
I guess what I would like opinions on is:  A ballpark figure as to what the
car may be worth as is, vs. "running".  I did tell the owner that anyone who
would be interested in buying the car would restore it anyway, and whether
it was running or not may not be an issue.  Any input?  "Guesstimates" as to
it's value?  Thanks for any
help/suggestions/opinions/offers/advice...............
Best Regards,
DaveG.
59 Sport Fury HT