[FWDLK] 56 Dodge Power/Manual Steering - Difference

[FWDLK] 56 Dodge Power/Manual Steering - Difference

I got my power steering box.  It was delivered complete with the steering
column attached.
Looks like the bottom half of the steering column is different from the
manual setup.  The manual column where it mounts to the box is much thinner
and round, the power column is oval and much thicker in diameter at the
bottom. I am not sure if the manual column will attach to the power box
until I get both apart.
I am not close to putting it in yet but if anyone is considering this swap
let me know and I will try to assist with any info that I can.
I also learned from a rebuilder that the newer style pump that  I will use
will be ok. The box should handle any difference in pressure as long as I
don't hold it a full lock for any length of time. Apparently (and beleive me
I know very little about this) the box calls for pressure on demand and any
excess pressure is circulated back to the pump.
As an added bonus I got the complete steering wheel with an intact horn
ring!
Scott