From: "Leon Haddix" <Bigfins5657@xxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2000 9:50 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] 1955 DeSoto Model

Hello all:

Responding to John Compton, about '55 DeSoto models;   I have models of the
'55,'56,57, DeSoto and the '59 Dodge.  The '55 is a replica of the Jo-Han
model, its made by "Ideal Models, Detroit 12, MI", or so it says on the
bottom. It's Birch Grey and Thunder Gray.

The '56 DeS in also a replica, you can buy them on ebay, about $39, brand
new, says "Jo-Han Models, Detroit 12, MI"  ???

The '57 and '59 Dodge are original issues (I've had the '59 since I bought a
'59 Custom Royal Lancer in '59). All four say basically the same thing on
the
bottom. I think
Ertl (sp?) or something like that offers the '55 and '56.

There around, keep watching ebay.

Leon in Ohio