Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 7 Dec 2000 to 8 Dec 2000

Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 7 Dec 2000 to 8 Dec 2000 (#2000-346)

In a message dated 00/12/08 9:03:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  I intend to replace the present piece of
>  plywood covering the hole with a piece of galvanized sheetmetal from the
>  local furnace repair shop, using pop rivets.

Probably tolerable john.  I am a fiberglass and resin person myself, and it
would do a good job tho messier and you would need to support it from
underneath with the old plywood having plastic on top and wedged from below.
Then remove it when the resin is cured.  Two layers cloth should work OK.
However it stinks up an attached garage and U need it heated so mebbee the
pop rivet thing is the way to go.
My guess is electrolysis should not be a problem.  If U think it is, lay out
all your work and just before pop riveting coat the mating surfaces with some
spray undercoat, its sort of runny but will do the trick and seal from
moisture.
good luck

Lars
in beautiful West Michigan, USA