[FWDLK] Advice on power steering fix - Need expertise!!

[FWDLK] Advice on power steering fix - Need expertise!!

To fix a leak of power steering fluid, my mechanic replaced o-rings and gaskets on the steering sector of my '61 Imperial.  After this repair, inexplicably, the steering wheel turns to the right, on its own, unless you hold the steering wheel.

Is there some sort of spring, or check valve that
may have failed inside the steering box during this process?  Any advice on how to fix this new problem would be appreciated.  Should we just install a new steering box?

Regards,
Greg Buffalow

Preserving the best of the Forward Look
www.freeyellow.com/members8/61imperial/