Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2000 7:30 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] Lets talk DeSoto

Answer to the "riddle":  I believe the Adventurer and the Firesweep only
shared the same chassis in 1959.  DeSoto had lost their manufacturing plant
which caused DeSoto's to be built at the Chrysler plant in 1959, on the 126"
chassis. In 1960, the DeSoto was built on the new "unibody" 122" wheelbase,
but according to written articles, no Firesweeps were made. Only 6 models
were offered in 1960, three Fireflites, and three Adventurerers. Thus the
Adventurerer and the Firesweep were only on the same chassis in 1959.  In
1961, DeSoto only offered  2dr. and 4dr. hardtops, and  both were simply
called DeSoto.

Thanks to all that responded!

Leon in Ohio
'56 Firedome