[FWDLK] Calendar Update & Other Miscellaneous Stuff

[FWDLK] Calendar Update & Other Miscellaneous Stuff

Hi All,

I've gotten word back from the printer that the calendars are getting
close to being ready for the press.  I'll keep you posted as things
progress.

One thing different than last year is our profit margin.  The calendars
are being printed with a much higher quality than last year, and
unfortunately the cost of each has made the break-even point go from 50
sales to a whopping 160 sales.  That is to say, that we're going to lose
money unless we sell around 165, and won't make any money until after
that point.  We can cover the loss with some of last year's money (about
$400 remaining) so we're not in really dire straights, but I'd hope we
can at least break even.  So if you're thinking about ordering a
calendar, all the information is below.

On another note, I apologize for the web server going up and down
recently.  Although I put it together with some pretty high-end server
parts, that was three years ago, and the stuff was used when I bought
it.  Considering that our server runs 24/7/365, those parts have given
pretty good service.  In the last two months though, four out of the ten
(yes, ten) hard drives have failed.  I believe five more are nearing
death, as they make horrendously loud squeals, and sometimes cause the
server to stop dead.  I've ordered a replacement drive (which,
fortunately, is a heck of a lot cheaper than the original drives) but
that knocks down our treasury to around $275.  If we don't lose money on
the calendars, we have enough to cover Chryslers at Carlisle again this
summer.

When the new hard drive arrives, I will need to take down the web server
for about a day to replace the drive and rebuild the machine.  I'll let
you know when it's up/down.

Thanks,

-Dave

CALENDAR ORDERING INFO:

They're $10 each, with a flat rate on shipping of $3.50, no matter how
many
calendars you order, or where you are in the world.  It makes things a
lot easier that way.

New this year is the ability to order your calendars online with Visa or

MasterCard through a web page at http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2001

The online payments are being handled by PayPal.  For those of you
not familiar with PayPal, it's the Internet's #1 online payment
service.  It's fast, easy, and secure.  (Many of you may already be
familiar with PayPal due to their association with eBay.)

Of course, I'll still be accepting money orders & checks in the mail
just like last year at:

FORWARD LOOK CALENDAR
Dave Stragand
19 Mildred Street
Etna, PA 15223

(Please make checks payable to Dave Stragand)

Even though it's not finished printing yet, we'll begin taking orders
immediately.  As is my usual 'spiel', the profits we receive as a result

of the calendar sales are what makes this mailing list possible.  The
money goes to computer hardware and software for the web site, events
like our tent at Chryslers at Carlisle, and other various expenses we
incur as costs throughout the year.

-Dave