Re: [FWDLK] toilet seats

According to my big book, '57-'59 Imperials were available without the toilet seat.  Don't recall if it was bolt-on or stamped in as the newer ones.  I've seen a few '60-'61 Imperials without though, sedans as I recall.

'59 and '60 Plymouths were available with the toilet seat, accommodated by the new sloped trunk lid which would not have made a toilet seat feasible in '57-'58.  Same problem with the square deck lid on '59 Chrysler but the '60-'61 was sloped and had them available.  Dodge production cars never had them for the same reason.

Early Valiants had them, were they available without?  The Dodge Lancer didn't have them, and the deck lids were probably interchangeable.

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth, '73Duster, '81 Imperial, Washougal, WA