Re: [FWDLK] Toilet seats

I have a 59 Fury with a toilet seat on lid which was an option back then.  When I bought the car the toilet seat was inside the trunk.  Previous owner took it off before it fell off as over the years water seeped by the gasket and rusted the two holddown bolts.  I reinstalled it with 2 new bolts.  So whoever has this "seat" on their car, maybe check the bolts.  I also have a Sport Fury with the seat on the lid and these bolts looked ok - gasket is doing its job.  However, as you fellows that have them know, water collects on top of the seat in the stainless portion and over the years has tarnished this area.  Any ideas on how to bring this area back to its original finish?  I don't think buffing would do the job because it looks like the coating is gone.   John Z in Mosinee, WI    (Its snowing today but yesterday temp was up to 40.  Backed Plymouth out of garage and actually washed it in driveway - in January - I kind of like this global warming)