Re: [FWDLK] concept cars - norseman

Hi All,
Being in the packaging industry, I read where the Norseman would have been shipped
as were all cars of the day when they crossed an ocean.  It would have been
strapped to a shipping pallet and loaded with crane/forklift.  This is before the
Japanese taught the industry how to properly ship a car across a large body of
water.  It would not have been in a container, or any type of protective covering
except perhaps a tarp.  Now why do I tell you this?  The Andrea Dorea rest on its
side on the ocean floor.  The fact that the Norseman was in the hold of the ship
with other cargo as the ship went down only leads to one inevitable conclusion.  It
is certain that if the car was not crushed as it was struck with cargo with the
ship going down, it was probably buried under the same cargo on impact with the
ocean floor and crushed just the same.

Sorry to tell you, but even without the corrosion, the aluminum body would not have
survived.

Just my .02,
CharginCharles--->>>