Re: [FWDLK] 57 Dodge on e-bay

The engine is the polyhead 325-cid engine.  The "Red Ram", standard engine,
came with 245-bhp, while the same engine with a 4-barrel carburetor got
260-bhp and was called the "Super Red Ram".  A factory floor-shifter in a
1957?  Doubt it.  The idea just does not go with the base V8!  Note the
"rare" radiator overflow bottle.

Is it my imagination, or did they forget to paint the underside of the hood?
I notice they did not finish the hood hinges.  Most hinge springs are red,
too.  And the hood catch attached the radiator support is painted black.  I
have never seen this on 1957 Dodges.   These are extremely picky details, I
realize.

If the door panels are original (they are correct for a 1957 Dodge Coronet)
the gold/yellow colour should carry on to the dashboard.  It looks like
someone has painted the dashboard black.  The top of the dashboard would
have matched the lower colour on the door panels.

They have also painted the steering wheel, horn ring/pad and all, black.
The upper portion of the wheel should match the upper door panels/dashboard,
while the horn ring should be chrome and the pad an off-white, I believe.
Again, the lower colour of the wheel and the steering column would have
matched the lower colour on the door panels.

And if the panels are correct, then the seat upholstery is not.  The seats
naturally would match the colour scheme of the door panels, and vice versa.
The "D-O-D-G-E" on the ashtray also seems to be missing (or I may have
missed it).

The taillamps are from a 1959 Dodge, mounted on their sides.  The lenses
should face outward, towards the traffic, and the chrome shells inwards,
towards each other.  The trim around the license plate housing should be
painted body colour.

The VIN does match up for a 1957 Dodge Coronet V8 built in Hamtramck,
Michigan, though.

Don't know what it is worth, but factory it is not, and the "restoral" is
hardly that.  Looks a rather slap-dash job, to be quite frank.

Bill
Vancouver, BC

> Just take a look at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=548664725