[FWDLK] fuel lines

Jerry,  I also have two 55 Dodges and a 55 DeSoto.  If your problem is starving for fuel after you drive the car several miles, you stop for a little while, and everything is fine for several more miles and it happens again.    It's not the fuel lines.  It's the filter in the gas tank. I had this problem in two of my cars.  It's rust in your tank clogging the internal filter in the tank. The temporary fix is to remove the drain plug in the tank and any sediment will flush out with about a gallon of gas being drained.    The permanent fix is to pull the tank, take it to a radiator shop and have it boiled out. Then coat the inside with a sealer. I got mine from Canter. I did this to all my cars, one twelve years ago.  The problem has never returned.

This problem occurs from the cars setting more than driven and condensation in the gas tank causes rust. Also for those not having this problem at present, keeping the tank full when the car sits for months at a time will stop the deterioration.

Joe Paolucci
Walton Ky