From: A57FURY@xxxxxxx
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Atlantic City Auction
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 11:46:43 EST

All

I went to the Kruse Auction in Atlantic City on Friday.  They advertised a
'58 Belvedere Convert that was going off on Saturday.  To my surprise there
was a '57 Belvedere Convert that was to be auctioned on Friday afternoon.
The car was in pretty good condition, maybe about a high #3 or low #2.  The
speedo said 46,500 miles.  Brand new paint and nice stainless.  The seats
were covered with plastic and looked original, but the door panels were a
little rough.  I coudn't get a look at the top, but the boot was in good
shape.  When I opened the hood it had what looked like a Dodge 325 cid
Polyhead engine with factory air.  There was a little bondo in the corners
of
the hood and it may have had a replacement rear quarter panel over the
original quarter.  I figured I'd make a bid if it came off low.  I had a
figure of $12,000 to $15,000 on my (feeble little) mind.  To make a long
story short, and to my great surprise,  the opening bid was $15,000 and it
sold for $25,000.  The car that sold before the Belvedere was a '86 Rolls
Royce Silver Spur with 46K miles.  It sold for $22,000.  I really was in
shock.  I guess somebody found out about our secret.  That our '55 ot '61
Finned beauties are coming out of there cocoons and people are grabbing
them
as fast as they hatch.

There was also a '56 DeSoto Convert Pace car that was there.  In super
shape.
 That was going off today.  A '60 or '61 Chrysler 4 door that was painted
with silver gold flake paint.  And a few other Mopars, but nothing in the
'55
to '61 range.

Sorry if I bored anyone, but I had to tell the story.

John Paxos
'57 Fury
'57 Belvedere Convert