[FWDLK] D'Elegance [was: Atlantic City Car Show/Auction]

[FWDLK] D'Elegance [was: Atlantic City Car Show/Auction]

The early '50s d'Elegance was a 2-door coupe, probably
best known as the Exner design Ghia ripped off for the
  VW Karmann Ghia.

There was a later Imperial d'Elegance 4drHT that dated
from the late '50s or early '60s. The grillework
looked much like a '60 Imperial would have with
hideaway headlights, while the fins predicted the
production '61 Imperial fins to some degree. I believe
this was a static display with no engine or drive
train but I could be mistaken.

Mike Sealey
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban