Re: [FWDLK] water outlet

--- Robert Hanekamp <bobsmopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am in the process of putting a 4 barrel carb on my
> 57 Plymouth and when I took off the top hose for the
> radiator I found out that the top of the water
> outlet was rotted away I think I can still use but I
> would like to replace it.
> Does anyone know were I could find one.
> It is on a 1957 Plymouth 301 V8 I have tried the
> locale part stores and no luck.

Bob -- If you're talking about the thermostat housing,
I'm 99.9% positive a 318 poly uses the same piece.

I haven't run into this with this car, but my first
'57 Sport Suburban also had a 301, and I usually had
to tell parts guys it was "real close to a 318 poly"
to get anything for it. This worked fine when I needed
a water pump, and would probably work fine for your
problem as well.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban