Re: [FWDLK] 727 vs 700R4

Hi Owen,
My comments on GM Trash are of course, just my opinion, but they are not
based on ignorance but on past experience.  I personally have blown 2 700Rs
and have owned 4 GM vehicles, all of which have died due to massive
mechanical failure (three transmissions and one locked up oil pump
bushing.)  My parents where GM people and growing up in the 70's and 80's
witness the long parade of junk that my faithful parent bought.  Until I was
five, I thought the trip to Florida from Ohio was supposed to include
breaking down in the mountains of Tennessee.  Maybe we have just had bad
luck, but that is the origin of the trash comment.  The main reason I became
involved in Mopar vehicles was the reliability and just flawless engineering
that I have found in every vehicle of theirs that I have owned (well over 20
at this point.)  A Mopar has never let me down in the manner that I have
been betrayed by GM vehicles.  As for the transmissions, I have recently
seen people using the 700r's for their classic Mopar vehicles.  I see no
reason for this crossed up engineering other than the fact that there are
millions (literally) of them in junkyards.  To that I say, there has to be a
reason.  The only weakness in a 727 is the governor sprag.  It is installed
in such a manner that if for some reason the engine looses load at high
speed (think breaking a driveshaft  at 8000 rom) they can overspeed and
explode like a grenade.  The fix is simple, install a bolt in sprag and you
never will face that problem.

This is just my 2 cents of course,
but I thought you should know the origins of my thoughts,
Chargin'Charles--->>>