[FWDLK] Mine's a clone?

I did a little scrubbing and searching of my '60 Adventurer 4dr Sedan.
Checked all the "secret numbers", VIN code, etc.  Turns out it is really a
'72 Vega!  I guess the rust should have been my first clue!

Seriously, My view is that the owner of any classic car should restore,
customize, or over-restore his car in any way he/she likes (though I do
cringe when I see a good, original car come under the customizer surgeon's
knife).  And, lie away about it, if that makes you feel good.  Tell anyone
you want it is the real thing (but don't tell Wayne Graefen, he will check
you out!).

But!  But, when it is time to sell it.  The lies stop.  Let the buyer know
the truth.  It is the buyer's responsibility to check it out, but the seller
must be honest.  I would hate to be fooled, then later have someone notify
me I own a fake.  Maybe someone "over-restored" my car from a '60 Chry 300
Convertible into the '60 Adventurer 4dr it is today?  I better recheck those
chassis #'s.