Re: [FWDLK] locking brakes solved?

One more possibility.
The flexible rubber brake hose may be bad.  What happens is that the inner
rubber liner separates from the hard outer liner.  It then acts like a one
way valve;   First, the master cylinder 'pushes' the brake fluid into the
slave cylinder.  Then, when the you release the pedal, the master cylinder
tries to 'suck' the fluid back into itself.  This low pressure condition
causes the inner rubber liner to collapse, locking the fluid in the slave
cylinder.
I think, however, that this is a more common problem in disk braked systems.
My '57 Dodge has had 'grabbing' brakes, and it has been when the car has been
sitting and brake fluid has leaked out, contaminating the pads and drums.
Brake Parts cleaner usually solves the problem (and new slave cylinders would
solve it permanently if I ever get around to it!)