[FWDLK] New Member-Jim Carpenter-1954 Dodge Regent

[FWDLK] New Member-Jim Carpenter-1954 Dodge Regent

Hi, I've signed up to let you know about the WEB site I have created that lists the 1923-1979 NOS Mopar parts by year that we can supply: CollectorsAuto.com  Have a look, no parts book necessary!

I've owned my 1954 Dodge since I was 16 when I took it to high school 26 years ago as a shop class project to get the motor running.  Before that it was my mother's first car and before that, my grandmother's first car.  She bought it in 1960.  She is 93 now and is thrilled to ride in it every chance she gets.  It is a Canadian Dodge Regent.  As a Canadian Dodge, it is a Plymouth from the firewall back, with Dodge front fenders, grille and trim.  The bore and stroke are different than U.S. Dodge and Plymouth engines. I have driven it 121,000 breakdown free miles since 1974 for a total reading of 193,000 miles. In 1992 we placed third in a 5,500 mile rally from Vancouver to Fairbanks Alaska. I finished restoring it for the second time last year and still drive it thousands of miles each year.  It has its original 228 cu. in engine and an optional three speed with overdrive.  I have added a manual control switch for the overdrive and can engage it in 1st, 2nd or third, giving me six speeds forward!  The car is unmodified except for the addition of a supplemental 6 volt fuel pump and inverter to supply 12 volts for the glove box mounted stereo and cell phone charger.  Seventy miles per hour is no problem at all and if you ease off a bit it gets close to 30 mile per Imperial gallon.   I live in Peachland, British Columbia, Canada, near the Coquihalla Highway to Kamloops and Vancouver.  This highway is known for its very long steep climbs to the summit, which we do regularly with our Dodge, trouble free.  Newer cars often catch fire on these climbs, leaving large black charred patched on the road as a reminder.  It also makes the 120 mile round trip to Oroville Washington, U.S.A. regularly to deliver Mopar parts for shipping to our U.S. customers.  Often the parts are for cars 10 to 20 years newer than our Dodge!  I do all the mechanical work and eventually got better at finding parts for it than the auto parts stores and that is how Collector's Auto Supply got started.
thanks for reading
Jim

begin:          vcard
fn:             Jim  Carpenter
n:              Carpenter;Jim
org:            Collectors Auto Supply
adr:            1510 Main St (Courier);; P.O. Box 2076 (Postal);Oroville; Wa. ;98844;U.S.A.
email;internet: car@xxxxxxxxx
title:          WEB SITE: COLLECTORSAUTO.COM
tel;work:       1-250-767-1974
tel;fax:        1-250-767-3340
tel;home:       1-250-767-1974
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0