[FWDLK] buying 1955-56 Plymouth parts on eBay

[FWDLK] buying 1955-56 Plymouth parts on eBay

Forward Look,

I buy a lot of parts for my 55-56 Plymouths over the Internet and eBay.  Just today, a complete 55 Chrysler 2-door hardtop power window setup arrived from Johnny Slayton in Akron, OH.  Dan C of this list posted info about this two weeks ago.  Thanks Dan, and thanks Johnny.

I haven't gotten burned doing this but once or twice, not even buying whole cars over the Internet.  Six months ago a fella on this list posted a for..sale on a 1960 Desoto in Cincinnati, OH.  I sent him the cash and a truck, and he sent me a good deal in Desoto iron.

But I have been burnt recently.  Twice, by the same guy.  So heads up.  Robert Bishop of Vancouver, British Columbia, (55bish on eBay) recently asked me to buy him six oil seals for the 55 Plymouth Powerflite.  I did, then he welched.  (And I can't return the seals.)

Just before that, he asked also to borrow a 1955-56 Plymouth convertible top boot as a model for reproduction at an upholster.  He needed a pattern for his 55 convert, and said he'd make me an extra for my trouble for my converts.

Now I can't get my $72 for the oil seals, I can't get my old (or new) convertible top boot back, and I can't get him to answer any e-mails.

I know a lot of you guys deal with Robert Bishop, so add this to you quiver.

Oh, one other thing, several guys have independently volunteered to me that Robert asked them to write him phony bills of sale, to help him cross the US-Canadian border with NOS and used Mopar car parts.  It appears he's crossed over $10,000 worth of parts like this in the last several years.  Be careful, the forgeries are felonies for purpose of defrauding the Canadian Government, and both US and Canadian import and export laws are being toyed with.  It could backfire on you, and for no benefit to you.

Richard Main
thirty-three 55-56 Plymouths