[FWDLK] gas guages

I have a question about dash gas guages for a 56 Plym. I bought one off ebay
that said it was for a 56 all models. When I went to put it in. the mechism
looks different that the original.

The original has one female place to plug a bullet connector into that goes
to the tank and a stud that goes to the ignition.

the new one has 3 posts, one labeled IGN , one labeled "1" and the other "2"
I got ahold of a part book and it looks like the guage I got is for a 56
suburban wagon.

Just curious as to the difference.

Nick