Re: [FWDLK] Brake shoes

In a message dated 3/16/01 2:13:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Btharbold@xxxxxxx writes:

> I need a set of rear brake shoes for a 58 Ply.  They are the same actually
>  front and rear.  Anyone have an extra new set?  Or where is the best place
>  get them?
>
>  Thanks
>
>  Brad Harbold
>  58 Plymouth

Brad:
This question comes up quite often, by people needing these for many makes &
models of older vehicles.  You don't need to buy new shoes just because the
lining is worn thin or gets saturated.  Simply look in your Yellow Pages
under headings like, Automobile Parts Rebuilt or Automobile Parts &
Supplies--Wholesale & Manufacturers, or something similar.  There are many
brake reliners located throughout local areas that you just take your brake
shoes to them, and most can do either riveted or bonded at a cost usually
around $20-$40 per set.(Two wheels)
                                            Bill B.
                                            1956 DeSoto Station Wagon