[FWDLK] 1958 DeSoto Spring Special Trim........

[FWDLK] 1958 DeSoto Spring Special Trim........

......With all of the discussion on the '58 Dodge Spring Special, I was
wondering if anyone has any information on the 1958 DeSoto Spring Special? I
have never seen one, and only know of it through an advertisment from '58
featuring a Heather Blue Fireflite Coupe. I am told that instead of the
painted insert, there was actually a ribbed aluminum insert on either side of
the car. The car also has some other stainless trim that I have not seen on
any other '58 DeSoto. Also, I've been told that the Spring Special was
offered on the Fireflite only....However, I do know of someone who is putting
these inserts on his Firesweep Convertible. Any iformation on this would be
greatly appreciated.....Since I will be painting my '58 Fireflite coupe in
this Spring Special Color, I would like to locate a set of these Special
Inserts, as well as the other Stainless trim pieces.  Thanks guys, Kevin
email me direct if you have any info for me ksurniak@xxxxxxx