Re: [FWDLK] Special tool to remove rear drums??

Re: [FWDLK] Special tool to remove rear drums??

Hi Greg:
        First let me warn you not to even waste your money on a cheap imitation hub
pullers.  I bought one from J.C. Whitney and ended up twisting the head off
the large bolt in the middle and beating the poor thing until it no longer
resembled any sort of tool.

        If you have any older tool rental companys in your town you should try
contacting them.  Ask for the biggest hub puller they have.

        I ended up buying one from Murray Park ( mbpark@xxxxxxxxxx ).  He has / had
a limited supply of NOS pullers.  He was asking $75 each for them.

        I killed the $40 J.C. whitney puller, tried Freon to cool it, used up two
cans of propane trying to heat it, drove the car with the nut loosened but
with cotter pin reinserted to try to break it loose, used every type of
penetratig oil money could buy trying to get mine loose.  Once I bought the
right tool I had the drum off in less than 5 minutes.

                                Steve B.