Re: [FWDLK] 1958 DeSoto Spring Special

There's a black 1958 DeSoto Fireflite sedan (not hardtop) here in Manhattan
with the spring special trim option.  The guy who owns the car has had it at
least 12 years that I can remember, as far as I know he doesn't have
Internet access, and so I can't get him to address the group with specifics.
I spoke to him about it finally when I found both sitting parked on a street
corner in my neighborhood last summer, if I find him in it again I'll ask
whether he has pictures of it when he bought it.

It isn't in good shape as it when I first saw it, but it does run and is
registered.  I remember that it did have patterned aluminum inserts within
the chrome sweep-spears at one time (how I first saw it), they aren't on the
car now, maybe he still has them.  The other spring special trim pieces, and
these are still on the car, are chrome hash marks flanking the left and
right sides of the rear license plate frame.  I'll try to get pictures when
I see the car next, too.

Other than that, I don't believe there are any other pieces of the package.
There are no others on the car.

The car has a '57 DeSoto front bumper assembly.

Where I keep my '58 Chrysler and Dodge stored, there's a gold-with-black '58
Adventurer hardtop.  Two brothers own the car, they're in their late
fifties, they got the car in the early 'seventies for $75 from a teenager
they saw fighting to start it and getting frustrated, and not knowing what
he had.  They'll never do anything to it, and they won't let it go to
someone who will.  Kind of a shame, but least it's garaged in a
well-ventilated area and it isn't going to pieces.