[FWDLK] 392 Hemi oil leak

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with this weird
oil leak that happened to me today.  I was driving on the freeway going
about 60 mph in my '57 New Yorker equipped with the 392 Hemi engine,
when all of a sudden I noticed a lot of smoke in my rear view mirror.  I
pulled over instantly and noticed that with the engine idling I was
losing oil.  The oil was coming out in a very thin stream from the rear
of the drivers side cylinder head just below the oil dipstick.  I
assumed it was on oil line, but on closer inspection it looked like it
was comeing through the head!  I couldn't visibly see a crack and then I
thought it may be a head gasket.  Could oil spurt out like that with a
blown head gasket?  I thought only water leaked with a blown head
gasket.  I had to use a mirror to see the stream of oil and it actually
could be coming out below the cylinder head.  It is very strange the way
it is coming straight out in a small stream.  Anyway, does this sound
familiar to anybody?  I thought these engines were bulletproof!  It does
have a lot of miles on it, but it runs smooth.  Any info greatly
appreciated.   Nick Nichols.